Senior Internal Audit
The role is based in the Company' s corporate office in Glenview, IL, reporting to the Audit Manager. The role will perform audits of business, systems and financial data to verify accuracy of financial statements and accountability of assets. May be assigned to audit more complex areas. Ensure controls are adequately implemented and identifies areas of inaccuracy, inefficiency and cost improvement. The role will also involve working with other internal and external auditors and co-sourced audit contractors on assigned audits and projects.
- Knowledgeable of accounting policies and internal audit standards.
- Developing risk based audit programs
- Creating well organized and complete audit evidence and documentation
- Completion of assigned audit project(s) to ensure they are conducted in accordance with Kapstone’ s methodology and that milestone dates are met and projects are completed on time.
- Perform preliminary audit plan, which includes documenting processes via process maps and flowcharts.
- Prepare draft process level risk assessments to identify significant risks and their related controls.
- Identify key control points within a process / activity and develop audit test steps designed to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of those internal controls.
- Review process documentation and perform walkthroughs and test of controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
- Project and time management for all aspects of individual audits including execution and documentation
- Execute and/or assist other auditors in the execution of audit test steps and the documentation of the related work papers to support conclusions reached
- Keeps current with relevant audit, business and IT trends, issues, complexities, and challenges
- Ensures professionalism and independence and the constant appearance of professionalism and independence
- Prepare, review and discuss written reports to all levels of management and recommend corrective actions
- Stay current on technical literature and best practices
- Travel 25-30% required
- Perform other duties as assigned.