2001 Spring Road Suite 500 Oak Brook, IL 60523
Growing restaurant and retail company is looking for a Senior Accountant to join its team. The business currently operates in seven states and plans to expand in the immediate future.
· Responsible for general ledger accounting, including inventory adjustments, real estate taxes, deferred rent, sales tax accruals and other accrued expenses
· Review capital/operating leases, and prepare monthly deferred rent entries and schedules
· Comply with local and state sales and use reporting requirements and tax filings
· Assist with month-end close including posting of standard accruals and adjusting entries, preparation of balance sheet schedules, and preparation of monthly close work papers
· Participate in the monthly financial close including preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting
· Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a corporate accounting department
· Public accounting experience is a plus
· Sales & Use tax experience a plus
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please email your resume to Shawna Lochner directly at Shawna@accountablesearch.com