1401 Davey Road #300 Woodridge, IL 60517
- Manages the administration of payroll and benefits (Including programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, 401k plans, sick leave, leave of absence, FMLA and employee assistance).
- Conducts benefit new hire orientation for salaried and Longview employees by providing comprehensible communication at time of hire; to include review of all benefit package material.
- Enters data into the payroll system in an accurate and timely basis.
- Addresses and accurately responds to all benefit and payroll related questions in a timely and professional manner; while adhering to the rapid response time of a 24 hour turn-around time period and providing resolutions to all inquiries.
- Reviews payroll to ensure accuracy and ensures the Financial Analyst audits and approves prior to submittal.
- Responsible for overseeing the payroll and benefit related record keeping requirements.
- Monitors medical and 401k plan in unitization with vendor to determine possible plan design opportunities. Includes contributions for auditors to ensure required compliance.
- Retains up-to-date knowledge regarding retiree medical, life and pension benefits, in order to respond to retiree questions and provide solutions.
- Accurately and consistently manages FMLA, STD and LTD for all Samuel Strapping employees; to ensure the leave(s) is accurately processed according to policy and state/federal law. Provides full support for all location administrators by resolving any and all leave discrepancies and/or concerns between the 3rd party vendor and Company policy and/or law(s).
- Provides, maintains and files misc. reports as needed/required, which may include journal entries, monitoring and government requirements.
- Manages the wellness program.
- Process salaried and Longview payroll, to include data entry of new hire paperwork, terminations, changes, activate and deactivate 24/7, etc., while ensuring data entry consistency amongst all locations.
- When necessary, assists the safety committee by utilizing the on line system to enter the first report of injury and ensure information is with the workers compensation carrier. Report work related injuries to the safety committee for corporate reporting requirements.
- Monitors vacation time and verify employee hours have been entered accurately on the time and attendance system.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS, specifically ADP
- Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent follow up skills
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field required
- Minimum 5 years benefit and payroll experience required
- Strong knowledge of payroll tax laws, ADA, HIPPA, FMLA, FLSA and ERISA
- Ability to meet deadlines within specified time limits with the ability to respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written are necessary
- High level of accuracy
- Exhibits helpful, professional, courteous attitude
- Ability to use analysis to resolve complex payroll and benefits issues
- Ability to safeguard and maintain confidential information
- Able to collaborate with peers and management