3200 Grant Street Evanston, IL 60201
JOB TITLE: Billing Manager
A review of this job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position. However, employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing billing staff, develop and implement functional training to ensure technical competencies to provide for job growth.
- Developing and implementing billing and collection policies and procedures as they relate to private pay, Medicare (Part A, B and C), Medicaid, physician billing, third party insurance companies and other business lines.
- Oversee all billing functions within the organization ensuring patient accounts are correctly billed and revenue is appropriately recognized. Make recommendations for process improvement and improved efficiencies.
- Ensure accuracy of monthly close of billing system (Health MEDX-Vision), sub-system uploads and interfaces into the main billing and general ledger software (Great Plains). Current uploads include charges for telephone, pharmacy, Horizon point of sale system and others.
- Remain current with all regulatory changes pertaining to senior living and skilled nursing facility (SNF) billing and reimbursement issues, particularly around Medicare, Medicaid and third party reimbursement and implementing appropriate measures to ensure department compliance.
- Managing the Accounts Receivable process. Improving established month end close process and monitoring staff and department compliance as well as reviewing and monitoring routine follow-up activities performed by billing and collections team on unpaid claims.
- Establish and monitor department’ s performance standards and goals to ensure improved collection performance.
- Ensuring the appropriate levels of internal controls are in place as well as adherence to the organizations and Governmental policies.
- Manage cash functions to ensure receipts are properly and promptly applied to correct patient accounts.
- Provide campus leadership and others with monthly aging analysis, percent of A/R over sixty days, days in A/R and other collection related reports.
- Provide collection follow-up while working with Business Office Specialist and campus leadership.
- Provide support to campus admissions staff relative to insurance and Government reimbursement admissions.
- Establish and maintain a department focused on customer service to all clients – residents, resident families, responsible parties, department leaders and staff, minimizing resident billing concerns / issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or related field
Consideration given to extensive relevant experience in combination other educational background
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of managing billing and collections process in a senior living environment, with Medicare Part A, Part B, Medicaid and commercial billing experience. Previous HealthMEDX (Vision) and Horizon point of sale software experience highly preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated proficiency of long term care billing and collections process in a leadership role. Possess good written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills and interpersonal skills. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficient with Microsoft Office.