The principal and customary work of the employee in this position consists of performing financial functions according to general accounting and financial reporting methods and procedures within stated deadlines.
the Senior Accountant responsibilities will be the daily accounting and support of internal controls for the corporate accounting function. In addition, they will support the financial integration of newly acquired or merged entities to ensure standard accounting processes and internal controls are applied in their daily operations.
- Performing month-end close activities for the business unit and for corporate accounting, including general ledger journal entries and reconciling balance sheet accounts, and analysis of the drivers behind the monthly results versus budget and forecast.
- Assisting with the preparation of consolidated financial reports of the company according to GAAP. Supporting consolidated financial reporting through account audits and financial statement analysis from other business unit locations.
- Assisting with the financial integration of newly acquired companies to apply standard financial operating procedures and internal control processes.
- Assisting with cost accounting and operations accounting and reporting.
- Preparing key performance indicator and management reports.
- Assisting with the preparation for the company’ s annual audit.
- Assisting in the company’ s budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Participating in the internal audits of the other company locations to ensure financial reporting is accurate according to GAAP and internal controls and operating procedures are performed consistently across the organization.
- Completing special projects as requested by management.
Four year Accounting Degree and a minimum of four years accounting experience in a senior position.
- Excellent competence in Microsoft products- Excel (pivot tables, lookups, if-statements), Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with JD Edwards Enterprise One software a plus.
- High energy, dynamic personality and strong work ethic. Desire and actual demonstration to go to the next level.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to embrace change and thrive in a continuous improvement environment.
- Proven track record of successful problem-solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.