Job Description and Responsibilities
Payroll Manager will have the primary responsibility of managing payroll for about 3, 000 employees. This position will work closely with the Benefits team, third-party service providers, and various location staff.
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls; manage periodic payroll and special runs
- Analyze, prepare, and input payroll data and manage timekeeping activities, as required
- Administer accurate garnishments, child support orders, and other payroll deductions & remittances
- Coach Payroll staff and provide on-going feedback to develop employees and meet goals
- Assist with journal entries, account reconciliations, and other duties related to accounting of payroll function
- Prepare and distribute periodic & on-demand reports (e.g., gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, wage & tax, benefit deductions, etc.) for management
- Oversee and reconcile payroll deductions & payments for 401(k), Flexible Spending, Health Savings Accounts, and other employee/employer contribution accounts
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reconciliations for verification of accurate tax filing/deposits and W2s
- Set-up/close tax accounts as required, and investigate & resolve tax issues
- Oversee and manage payroll processing of pay increases, bonus payments, benefit contribution changes, changes to tax schedules, etc.
- Lead projects on payroll and timekeeping system updates, new configurations, and upgrades
- Work with company managers and employees to resolve payroll-related issues
- Work with auditors and maintain SOX standards
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of W-2s, timekeeping, and other payroll related documents in compliance with tax and other government regulations
- Ensure confidentiality of payroll files, systems, and reports in compliance with various governmental regulations
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field is required
- CPP is highly preferred
- 10 years of progressive responsibility in International payroll (Canada preferable) is desirable.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel; Word; PowerPoint) - advanced use of formulas and functions in Excel is required