Real estate firm with properties across multiple markets throughout North America. We seek to add long-term value to the assets we acquire through our streamlined development and rigorous leasing processes, proactive management, and a data-driven analytical approach to all aspects of our business.
Assistant Controller will assist in building out corporate and property financial reporting and accounting functions, with a large focus on streamlining processes. Reporting to the Controller, this role will have primary responsibility for all accounting functions including the review of all disbursements, accounts receivable, and general ledger data and the preparation of reconciliations and other analysis as needed.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and yearly GAAP-based financial statements for all corporate and fund entities.
- Review and approve monthly, quarterly, and yearly property financial statement.
- Manage accounting staff.
- Review ledger detail, record adjusting journal entries, reconcile capital improvements and capitalize when complete.
- Oversee and review information entered in real estate property management software system, Yardi.
- Review tenant receivables balances and activity. Review monthly accounts receivable sub-ledger close and transfer to parent companies.
- Reconcile all property level cash, investment, and disbursement accounts.
- Assist in preparation of tax filings for corporate and fund entities.
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; requesting disbursements; processes payments; and reconciling accounts.
- Perform advanced financial modeling.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provide accounting support for investors and property acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings of general ledger in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s Degree required in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- CPA or CPA candidacy required
- Experience with Yardi required
- Must possess strong financial modeling skills with advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience with institutional real estate accounting
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellence time management skills
- Strict attention to detail
- High degree of confidentiality required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite products
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast paced, results-oriented environment