A growing book distributor in Chicago is immediately seeking an Assistant Controller to join its accounting department. This position will have an active role in assisting with the monthly reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting and projections.
- Assist with month-end close; prepares and posts journal entries as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual compliance and tax filings;
- Assist in budget & forecasting, develop tools for improving the forecasting variance reporting process
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed
- Reconcile corporate Amex, record charges to accounting software, track receipts from card holder
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years of hands on, high level accounting experience
- CPA certification