- Responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and account reconciliations. Assisting with monthly and annual closings and account analysis. Maintaining and recording fixed assets. Assist with the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Maintain and record fixed assets.
- Analyze and reconcile bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with monthly and annual closings.
- Assist with the annual financial audit.
- Process and review employee expense reimbursements.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare and file local compliance reporting as necessary/
- Assist with other accounting projects as needed.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BA in accounting or finance
- Experience with SAGE fixed asset software a plus.
- Familiarity with MS Office – proficient in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and detail oriented
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities
- 1+ years of experience in general accounting